Working as a lawyer since 2001
Eric (1973) studied at Erasmus University Rotterdam and has been working for Van den Herik & Verhulst Advocaten since 2001, becoming a partner in 2010. His areas of special expertise are:
- mergers and acquisitions
- joint ventures and other forms of cooperation
- private equity and informal investments
- agency and distribution agreements, supply contracts and terms and conditions
- disputes between shareholders, Executive Board and/or Supervisory Board
- takeover disputes
- non-compete clauses
- D&O liability
- corporate governance
- the position of statutory directors
- company law
- creating holding company structures
Eric is keenly aware that clients want solutions. The law is not an end unto itself, but a means to achieve the best solution. Eric works for the business community in the Netherlands and abroad. He has experience in a number of specific sectors, including shipping, transport, metal, engineering, and clean-tech industry.
Click here to see Eric Spreij’s recent cases.
- Dutch Law, Erasmus University Rotterdam (2000)
- Grotius specialist training in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Grotius specialist training in Commercial and Business Law
- Netherlands Bar Association (NOvA)
- Dutch Commercial Law Association (NVvP)
- Corporate Litigation Association
- M&A aan de Maas, a Rotterdam network of M&A professionals
Eric Spreij has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister):
- Corporate Law
Based on this registration, Eric is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
- Eric has a number of ancillary activities. He is the chairman of R.O.B., Rotterdam’s oldest employers’ association, secretary of the Cameretten Foundation and vice-chairman of the Port Exhibition Rotterdam recommendations committee, among other positions. He also regularly teaches courses on corporate law topics.